October 20, 2012

Let's be honest here...

Pin It!
If any of you reading are like me then you are on Pinterest more than you would like to admit.

You know those painfully organized, beautiful, bright, darling craft rooms that people post pictures of? Well, I hate to admit that my craft space looks like the exact opposite of that.

I WISH I could be that organized but honestly when I'm sewing and working I'm throwing scraps of fabric and thread in every direction - by the time I'm finished with a project I want to A) Relax or B) Stare at my finished project. Cleaning up my mess isn't really on my agenda. It's bad, really it is. But I thought I would share a photo of my work area because I think a little honesty never hurt. How many people can really have beautiful, perfect craft rooms out there? (Here's to hoping that all my readers aren't wonderful neat freaks and die when they see my mess)

I'm hoping that some of you out there will see my office and think "Yes, that looks more like my craft area". I don't have adorable little boxes where I store my things (I mean I'm using a fishing tackle box for sewing supply storage for heaven's sake - you don't get much less adorable than that) and I don't have super functional shelving on my walls (because my apartment building was built in probably 1920 and I think it might fall down if I tried to hang shelves on the wall) and I don't have hip, anthropologie inspired home decor items all over (because why am I going to waste what limited space I have with things that are just for decoration?). I just have a room that is filled as much as possible with things that I need to do the things I love.

This one is for the messy girls out there. Now excuse me while I go change into my pajamas and proceed to throw my clothes all over the floor.



3 comments:

  1. I've gotta admit, even your level of "mess" is still faaaar more organized than the state of my little bubble on a daily basis. I like to think that those perfect little Anthro studios have very little productivity, for fear of messing up their orderliness and their perfect photo ops at every turn. Brave of you to share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm messy too, preach it sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotta agree with Chelsea, this is a mild mess in comparison! My beads are all over the place when i'm finished making a piece, and i really just want to relax as well. or start another project!

    ReplyDelete