May 3, 2012

Lanyard with Card Holder Tutorial

Pin It!
Side note: For those of you that were wondering from my last post about how the scotch tape on the sewing foot worked for sewing on vinyl - it worked GREAT! I can't wait to make lots of vinyl clutches now!

I was browsing around Home Depot yesterday and I found these ID badge sleeves and thought "how perfect for a lanyard!". They were only $0.99 for a 2 pack so naturally I bought 5 packs. (I found them near the keys and key rings incase you go to pick some up)



Materials:
Cut [2] pieces of fabric 3.5" x 12" (will be referred to as lanyard strip)
Cut [1] piece of fabric 3.5" x 5" (will be referred to as small strip)
Cut [1] piece of fusible fleece 3/4" x 20
ID Badge Sleeve
Hook
Key ring





First, lay one of your lanyard strips face down (so the fabric is right sides together) on the end of the other strip so the edges line up. Pin in place and sew a diagonal line from the top corner to the bottom corner (See image below)



Trim the excess after you sew (the excess fabric should be the triangle at the top)
Fold the fabric the was face down back and press. You should have a nice diagonal seam now.








Sew along both edges of lanyard trip with a 1/4" seam. I set my stitch length to 2.5














2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I love your tutorial. Especially how you finished the end with the small strip! I was wondering if it would make a difference if I used one long strip of fabric vs. 2 shorter ones?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this informative post. Looking forward to read more.
    Promotional Lanyards Wholesale

    ReplyDelete