February 28, 2012

DIY Coasters!

Pin It!

I had to share this awesome tutorial from the Shanty 2 Chic Blog. It is for DIY marble coasters with your own printed design on the front! I tried it myself yesterday and it was very easy, cheap and look adorable! Some tutorials I've found are a little unclear or the results don't turn out the same when you try it. But this is a great tutorial and the results are exactly how she describes!

I will post more photos of all of my coasters soon. I made 10 coasters with 5 different designs. I designed mine in Photoshop and decided to make "romantic" designs that were special to my fiancé, Ryan, and I. I made one with the state of Ohio and a heart on Cleveland (where we are from and currently live), one with the state of Florida with a heart on Tampa (where we lived together for 3 years), one with the saying "What I love most about my home is who I share it with", and two with each of our initials in the middle of a decorative circle. I absolutely adore them. One thing I did realize is if you are going to design your own and are using a design with text you must first create a mirror image of the design. If you don't you will end up with backwards letters on your finished coaster ;)

I highly recommend trying out this tutorial! She also offers adorable printable designs in the tutorial if you don't want to make your own. I am also going to start selling custom coasters in my Etsy store with custom "couple" designs for you and your special someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment